Thursday, January 18, 2007

Colombian Idol?

A quick caveat: I am a day behind in watching American Idol. I DVR it, and I'm in tech rehearsal for the play I'm in (which opens TOMORROW NIGHT), so I'm pretty busy and having a hard time coming up with the roughly hour and a half block of time to watch Idol. I did see Tuesday's premiere, though.

Some thoughts:

1. Somehow, the people just didn't seem as freakishly bad in Minneapolis.
2. How many times did Simon say "Well, the people will like you?" Since when is that more important than talent? The people liked William Hung, too, but I didn't see him in Hollywood. The people also liked (a lot more than they deserved) John Stephens, Jasmine Trias, Nikki McKibben, Ace Young, Kellie Pickler, etc.
3. The locked left door to leave the audition room never stopped being funny. NEVER!
4. Would it have killed them to take that Cowardly Lion chick's poster? What a diss!
4. The Colombian Shakira wannabe (Perla?) prompted the following conversation last night between myself and my sister/roommate Julie:
MEL: Wow. A Latin American Idol. That would shake things up. Well, South American Idol. She's Colombian. It's like an Immigrant Idol. How appropriate.
JULIE: Great. Now we're outsourcing our American Idols! What's next?

No comments: