Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Jumping Runways

So the news started spreading yesterday that Project Runway is making the move from Bravo to Lifetime. Oh, dear. I love Project Runway, I love the celebration of creativity, the judgement-free embracing of alternative lifestyles, and the fun that the show represents. Will I watch it on Lifetime? As long as Tim Gunn is still there, sure. The sad this is realizing that I never would have started watching Runway, though, had it started on Lifetime. I've just never hopped on that Lifetime wagon . . . yet. Yes, I tune in every night at 10:00 for Will & Grace re-runs, but that's about the extent of it. The Lifetime movies just aren't my cup of tea (except that one I somehow got sucked into while cleaning one day -- where Zac Efron played an autistic twin!) and their stabs at reality have always seemed like lame rip-offs of other shows. But . . . now . . . what choice do I have to get my weakly fix of Tim and Heidi. (The rumor is that Michael and Nina aren't making the jump -- BOO! It's no fun without Michael!)

No comments: